Looking for the Zoom Tutorial?
Looking for a map of Tele-health PT providers in the US?
Milestone Tele-Practice Services
- At the end of the day, It's you, your child, and the therapist you already know having a conversation! The goals are the same and the people are the same.
- We will use what you already have!
- Wrapped rubber bands on a toy dinosaur that you pull off with your fingers for OT!
- Tape on the floor instead of a balance beam for PT!
- Playing treasure hunt in your living room while working on prepositions for ST!
- Therapy was always intended to be something you can mimic at home with what you already have. We will problem solve together.
- We will use interactive games and exercises, as well as parent coaching.
- A session can include the use of videos, worksheets, stories, PowerPoint “shows,” toys, household objects and interactive activities such as cooking!
- Research studies have revealed that online services are as effective as face-to-face instruction in most cases.
- Tele-Therapy allows your child to continue to receive the same therapy with the same clinician, to help your child continue to make the progress while not able to attend in-person sessions.
- Since many children are motivated by computer activities, Tele-Therapy sessions provide great opportunities to learn and practice skills.
- Tele-Therapy allows parents to be an even more active participant in therapy sessions, within the natural home environment.
- Tele-Therapy allows you the opportunity to learn about all of the different ways you can use your child’s toys, objects and routines in your home as tools for therapy.
- Tele-Therapy is fun! It’s an exciting way to engage with your child in a structured way with coaching from your child’s therapist, especially when school is out and days can seem long.
- Now we can play your child's favorite theme song in the background to bring them back! 😉 Your therapist will talk to you and learn about your space. We can minimize distractions and use this as an opportunity to hold Q&A sessions directly with caregivers. These sessions are as much for you as it is for your child. The ultimate goal for therapy has always been carry over of skills to all environments and to empower families to teach their children developmental skills. Being in your space allows us to create family-centered plans of care.
- Yes! San Diego insurance companies including Tricare, Easter Seals, Kaiser, and San Diego Regional Center are temporarily covering Tele-health services. United HealthCare (UHC) and Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) are plan-specific. Call us for info: (619) 578-2232
- Private Pay rates are currently reduced to $65 for a 45 minute Tele-heath session.
Is It Easy to Use?
- Yes! Check out this video to see a quick overview of what the process looks like.
Though these are strange and uncertain times, we choose hope and joy and we are so excited about this new adventure and looking forward to working with you and your child through this new platform!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to your therapist or any member of our team with questions, thoughts and concerns!